Does best mean sleeping well because the day was fatiguing?
Does best mean I have joy?
Does best mean I am relaxed?
Does best mean I have money in my savings and checking accounts?
Does best mean I am able to do everything on my day to day agenda?
Does best mean getting good grades?
In Sunday school this morning, a guest speaker talked about struggles that she and her husband face in their mission field (in the exotic location of Bakersfield). She said it all boils down to this:
God calls us to live faithfully every day. Not necessarily to change the world, not necessarily to go out on adventures... but to live faithfully every step of the way.
So while I may or may not sleep well, I may or may not have joy, I may or may not be relaxed, I may or may not have much money, I may or may not be able to check off the list, I may or may not get good grades, as long as I live faithfully to my dear Lord, my Love, my God, for each step, maybe that's my best. However, my best won't even be able to accomplish that. By His blood, though, it is enough. His grace and mercy makes it the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment