By "coming to terms," I mean I've been resisting, denying, then finally (and probably tearfully) accepting it. I mean, I'm graduating and I really don't know what life will be like in a year from now. Or six months from now. Or one month from now. And this is honestly pretty frightening.
And it isn't even all change that I have a say in. Other people are changing, too! Others are graduating college, getting married, moving, graduating to Heaven... yep, I'm not the only dynamic being here. And this is even more frightening. Because I really don't have control over this stuff.
As I was contemplating this about five minutes ago, I looked down at my hands. I thought about all the physiological processes that are going on in the cells of my skin (that I know of) that maintain the life in each and every cell. I thought about how the cells go through mitosis to make new cells and later the old cells die. And that's just how it is. The skin that I have now is not the skin I had in highschool, nor is it the skin I had three months ago! It's all different cells now.
But, these skin cells all contain the same DNA. They're all made of the same stuff. So while they all die or replicate, they are the same.
So... I guess it's okay. Change, I mean. Because God's plan is always the same for me. All I have to do is repeatedly go through translation and transcription to make sure I don't accidentally make any mutations.
How's that for a life/science lesson? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment