Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Ran Away

All my plans down the drain
I'll just sit here and complain
It's so messed up, I can't explain
Christmas ran away

I'm so mad I can't constrain
This poisoning of ptomaine
Let it down, let it rain
Christmas ran away

I am writing this quatrain
To mop this messy red bloodstain
And in my mind to fully ingrain
That Christmas ran away

I am sad
I am mad
And in no way am I glad
That it is gone
The shades are drawn
And all I can do is yawn

But now, however, it is plain
That the twenty-fifth is not the main
It's just a date that some retain
For Christmas Day to stay

But I am planning to obtain
And let the Christmas spirit reign
Not only at one time remain
But make it every day

No comments:

Post a Comment