It used to be that when I spent evenings at home, it's because I didn't have friends to talk to.
It used to be that when I was sad, it's because I didn't have friends to cheer me up.
It used to be that when I was lonely, it's because I didn't have friends to keep me company.
But you....
You would chat on the phone with me in the evenings, so that I had someone to talk to.
You would cheer me up, so that I wouldn't be sad.
You would invite me over for dinner, so that I wouldn't be lonely.
Now...
Now I have friends to talk to.
Now I have friends to cheer me up.
Now I have friends to keep me company.
Now when I spend evenings at home, it's because you aren't around.
Now when I'm sad, it's because I miss you.
Now when I'm lonely, you're the one I want to hang out with.
Thank you for loving me so obviously, and for being who I needed. I love you, Mom. Happy birthday, and happy Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment