I think I'm burnt out. Why? you ask. Well, my dear reader, I'll tell you!
This morning I didn't want to do any responsibilities. I mean... not just like loading the dishwasher or cleaning my room--that's a given. No, this morning I didn't even want to sit in silence and hang out with Jesus. I was so appalled at the idea of having that structure that it was the very last thing I wanted to do! So instead, in the light of complete honesty, I drank soda, ate potato chips, and watched shows on hulu until my first commitment, which was at 2:30. This, my friends, was weird.
I now grumble whenever my phone alerts me that it received a text. I almost dread to look at the caller id when I'm getting a call. Facebook is even an active place of business. If I'm like this right now, how will I be when the semester starts, along with everything else??
This afternoon was cool. I went out to a stable and watched a woman work with a horse with such harmony that I didn't think was possible. She said something that I found very refreshing: "There are no right or wrong answers. It's a relationship! Take off the pressure of trying to get this right the first time in a short amount of time." She was totally fine with standing still and waiting for the horse to think through stuff. She was still the leader in the situation, but she allowed time for it.
Huh... time.
More of that would be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment