Monday, February 8, 2010

This really was going to be a short post, I promise.

For the past couple weeks I've felt stressed and rushed. Not a whole bunch with school--though it has been a source of stress (especially since it's the crucial last semester): it's been mostly with relationships. Dude, people are complicated! Why? (I guess that question is mostly rhetorical; the answer would be long and drawn out.)

This is my point: How on Earth are we supposed to figure out how to be with other people? I mean, it could be really easy! In the movie "Equilibrium," Christian Bale is in a nation where all the people are forced to take drugs that inhibit emotions. Everyone is super logical and unfeeling. Don't you think that would work well? I mean, there would be no crimes done out of anger, no broken hearts, and everyone would do their own dishes. Nothing would be neglected with the excuse of "I just didn't feel like it"! We would all be spokes in a well oiled machine!

But then again... What would be the point? I don't know about you, but if the only thing I did every day was work, eat, and sleep, life would be pointless. Hanging out with friends would no longer be enjoyable--it'd be a purely professional relationship. The times in my life when I was the most depressed were the times when I didn't have friends.

So here we are on this blue and green ball somewhere in open space, needing to love and be loved. How do we love each other and still maintain order?

Maybe order isn't the only thing to work for.

Maybe it's worth it to invest in someone even though they aren't perfect (and will probably let you fall on your face once in a while).

Or...
Maybe we aren't supposed to be satisfied with the relationships with other human beings.

Maybe God really is the only One Who can satisfy us, and to expect another human being (even a group of them) to supply everything we need is simply foolhardy and stupid.

And as for the complicated factor: God created us. I'm pretty sure that in His unfathomable power, He is able to cope and manage our complications.


Okay, I feel better now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment