Friday, October 8, 2010

Half a year

Dear Mom,

It's been six months, today! On one hand, it's hard to believe, because it feels like it was a whole life ago that you were here. On the other, it feels like I could call you up and chat as if nothing's happened which makes it seem not long ago at all.

Well, here I am! In the past six months, I experienced the deepest faith in the core of my being, I graduated (praise the LORD!!), I felt life's empty meaninglessness that it undertakes when God seems absent, I felt hopeless, I felt love and meaning in friendships, I remembered how to relax and enjoy simple activities (like coloring and just listening to music!), I wept harder than I ever have before, I laughed harder than I ever have before, I felt deep pain, I felt deep joy, and I've learned so much about myself that I almost feel like a different person from the one I knew seven months ago. I've been deeply afraid, I've been deeply confident. I've needed and received much, I've had and given much. I've lived in apathy, I've lived in enthusiasm and excitement for Life. I've avoided Christ, I've delighted in Christ. And here I am.

The thing that I've come to realize the most in the past six months is this: God is God, and He loves me.


Selah


I'm so excited to see you and hug you and laugh with you and say I love you and hear you say "I know! I love you too!" and hear your crazy crack jokes and hear you play any kind of music you want to on any instrument, but especially the pipe organ. Because I love you!

Ha. Saying it's been half a year makes me think it's half over. But I know it's not. It's just half the beginning--if even that much! It's okay, though. God's got me. :)

Truly yours,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful. I appreciate you rawness, and I love you and your heart. Thanks for being my friend, even in the midst of all this you have found time to love me :)

    ReplyDelete