(Try saying that five times fast.)
Here I am, over two months after the last post. A lot has changed in the last two months. A. LOT. I got hired at a new job that payed better and had more hours (and was literally closer to what I studied in college... though I wouldn't get to apply anything I'd learned), struggled to hold it down for about a month and a half, "separated employment" from them (their idea, though I heartily agreed it'd be best), and got my old job as a tutor back. Also, I moved into an apartment with a couple amazing girls who have become very close friends (it's AMAZING when roommates become friends!) and have really enjoyed being able to see friends (even non-roommates) on a more regular basis.
Also, my relationship with Jesus has turned crazy amazing. I hear His voice more. We chill together. He'll tell me stories. He tells me why I am the way I am. He tells me who I am. And He tells me that He loves me and cherishes me even when I don't feel either lovable or cherishable. And He tells me that He knows me, even when I don't know what the hey is going on inside of me. And, even cooler, He tells me more about Himself. It seems that He is quite full of love, though... because whenever I ask Him about Himself or what He's thinking about, He usually says, "I love you!" :) Which is nice. I guess He's waiting for me to grasp that concept a bit more firmly before we move onto new subjects! Haha.
Oh! Sometimes He helps me encourage someone. At one point in my apartment, one of my roomies and I were hanging out, and she said, "Hey Sarah, you know what I like?" and I started listing things that I know she likes (instead of saying "What?"). At first I listed things that everyone knows she likes, then things that I know she likes (because she's told me), and then things that she hadn't ever told me that she liked... but somehow I knew she liked them. Huh. It was quite interesting. She was super blessed to realize she's known like that and I was super blessed that Jesus fed me those last answers on the list. It was awesome!
Let's see. What else? Oh yeah! I'm probably going to New Zealand in the next few months or so. For a while. I'll go on a working holiday visa (if it's approved... which it will be; who would say no to me??) which is a year long. I'm not sure if I'll stay for a year or not. (This is what my sister did, and she married a Kiwi! Hm... any amazing Kiwi men left? I hope so! Haha... just kidding. Or am I?) My brother-in-law says there's work for those who look for it, so it'll be an adventure. If I ever get frustrated, though, I'll just go out on the beach with my uke and see if any money sprouts up in my case.
I guess that's it. I feel like this post is a quick and awkward coffee date with a friend from the past even though it's only been a few months. I guess so much has changed since the last time I really wrote a post that it's weird to be here. Does that make sense? I don't know. But I've been realizing this summer that things don't have to make sense. Which is good, because if it did, then I'd have to rewrite this post.
"Just listen to My voice, My princess! I'll tell you everything you need to know when you need to know it."
No comments:
Post a Comment