My restlessness for change has been growing lately. It comes and goes like the ocean's tide, really. I keep feeling like I'm juggling time.
At one point, I wanted to leave before Christmas (because if it has to be different--which it does--I want it to be completely different). But then I realized I'd rather not go somewhere to run away from anything. So then I started to think it'd be a better idea to go after Christmas.
At another point, I wanted to leave as soon as possible because I didn't feel like I belonged here (yeah... that happens sometimes). Then I realized if God wanted me in New Zealand right now, I'd be in New Zealand right now. And then I started to enjoy my good friends here more and more, and... well.... it's going to difficult to leave them. So then I decided maybe it'd be better to leave after Christmas.
So in both cases, I was pushing the leaving date further away. But now... now I've realized Christmas is going to be so entirely different in either case that it wouldn't be running away if I left before it. And now I really feel more urgency to put all effort to getting there. I mean, even my passport came quickly (three weeks). And no, I didn't expedite it. So... yes.
Punchline: I don't know when I'm going. I'll get there when I get there. And it looks like it will be sooner rather than later.
Good.
Sarah, I love the fact that you're take advantage of this season of what must be slowness or something of that sort and seizing the opportunity to go abroad. Although I didn't have the luxury of going abroad for an unlimited amount of time, the 4 months I did spend in Europe were the most life changing I'v ever experienced. I can only imagine what God will do in you and the new passions you'll develop while over there. Be for warned, you will catch the travel Bug, that is if you haven't yet, haha..:) In all seriousness though, I can't wait to see the New Zealand size foot print that becomes a part of your story. Be blessed and enjoy the beauty of New Zealand for those of us who have yet to make it that far east.
ReplyDelete