Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Hang on a minute..."

Waiting is only worth while if the result is valuable enough.


For instance, I'll wait a little longer for a better TV show if I know it's coming on.

I'll pass up a hamburger shop if I know I'll get a steak dinner with a little more waiting.

I'll wait around a little longer at school if I know I'm about to see a good friend.

But if there isn't anything worth while to wait for, waiting is simply a waste of time or a method of procrastination (which may also be argued as a waste of time).

Right now I am hypersensitive to waiting. I feel it every time. And I am so tired of it. In this shifty world, chances are the things I wait for may fall through or may not even be worth the time I spend to wait for it. And this is very discouraging. So I hate waiting.

Except for one thing.

"For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation." Psalm 62:1

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Romans 8:18


God, give me the strength and patience to wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment