Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I don't have a name for this one yet

When the wind makes its way back through here, I'll catch it
Because I need to spread these wings of mine and fly, fly away
But the thing with flying is you have to leave the ground below
And I don't know where I'll land, or where I'll finally go

So who will go with me? I need someone to hold me close
To tell me that the sky is the place to be
Whose voice can I hear, whose hand can I hold on to?
Whose song will keep me going, going on?

Must I go all alone with no one but this song on my lips?
I hear everyone sing of their love--well, where's mine?
I'm calling, calling, calling to you, dear: keep coming!
But I, I can't wait for you here anymore

This song is simple: it's just a few chords and a pluck
And yet it expresses the feeling that I feel: I'm stuck!
So away, away, away I go with the wind, away
For there's no one here to catch my heal to make me stay

When the wind makes its way back through here, I'll catch it
'Cause I need to spread these wings of mine and fly



Copyright 2010, Sarah Ellenberger

No comments:

Post a Comment