Tuesday, August 24, 2010

You didn't

One day I walked by the creek
And heard to my great joy
The water was flowing, was flowing, was flowing
And I ran to tell you so

But you didn't hear the water because
Your ears, your ears
Are closed

The next day I walked up a hill
And felt to my delight
The wind was blowing, was blowing, was blowing
And I ran to tell you so

But you didn't feel the wind because
Your hands, your hands
Are cold

Then last night I walked on the shore
And saw to my surprise
The waves were glowing! They're glowing! They're glowing!
And I ran to tell you so

But you didn't see the waves because
Your eyes, your eyes
Are closed

1 comment:

  1. I feel like that, too... thank you, love... how often must we go to others and they don't hear?

    ReplyDelete